Saturday, April 9, 2016

Life Happens

So when I originally started this blog, I had intentions of writing about our life with Type 1 diabetes.

I was unsure of really where to start after the initial diagnosis story and first day of school story (which apparently I wrote but never published, until today:), so that resulted in me not writing anything. Which then resulted in me forgetting that I had started a blog. Oops!

Well I hope that I am back!

Again just like the last time a person close to me had a son diagnosed last week. He is 3 and had about 10 days of monitoring blood sugars before an official diagnosis of T1D. So that along with the fact that my sister-in-law Jodi went to a JDRF mentoring class today got me to really thinking that I need to give this another go.

While discussing the mentor class that Jodi attended today, it dawned on both of us, that we need to do more. I had never heard of a mentor program and when she posted about it on Facebook, there were other experienced moms who were clueless as well.

I think there are many opportunities to learn and grow to help others who are in our shoes, but I don't feel that information is readily available.

I feel that if people were more knowledgeable about opportunities, we would have better turn outs at events that are available.

I want to share our stories.

I want to be able to vent.

I want others to know they are not alone.

I want to help others because I feel that there are so many times with this disease that if you don't have support your life could take a turn for the worse extremely quickly.

This journey is not easy, it's not fun, but it's what we have to deal with on a daily basis whether we like it or not.

So here is my promise to get Too Sweet Cousins back up and running.

Sydney's journey and Austin's journey are similar and completely different at the same time.

So hopefully between the two of them, we can share a multitude of life with Type 1.

~Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment